The recently approved Port Development Plan has two main goals: to extend the port's commercial facilities to make it easier to attract new traffic; and to improve relations with the city of Taranto by opening new areas of the port estate to municipal use.
- Logistic Park within the Port area
- Deepeing of Container Terminal berths and approaches
- Extension of the fore breakwater
- Development of the Rail Links
- Adjustment/requalification of the S.Cataldo Pier and Quay n.1
- Realization of a reclamation tank, enlargement of the 5th pier, for dredging mud deposit